Start at the

      THE PILOT'S COTTAGE            To Walk Index

 

Next to the Tourism Office is the Pilot’s Cottage. This is the home of the Kiama and District Historical Society.

Open 11AM – 3PM daily.

Built in 1880-1881, the Cottage was occupied by a series of officers in charge of the Harbour. They controlled Kiama's contact with the outside world, using the Cottage as their home and office for almost a century.     In 1978 the last Pilot retired and the Cottage become empty and derelict. Ten years later the Kiama District Historical Society took over the building.

For special group tours or school visits ask at the Visitors’ Centre for a contact number.

One of the best views of Kiama is from the verandah of the cottage

The photo below shows the Light House Keepers Cottage which was removed soon after automation of lighthouse in 1927.

.

Now walk up hill past Tourist Bureau to Blowhole.

 

To Walk Index